Sunday, January 15, 2017

Alphabetical Music - Part 1

As stolen from this clever blogger friend of mine. If anything will get me to post on my blog, it's music. You can expect a few of these posts and then there's another music one I've been working on for a while. If you're looking for music suggestions, I'll be providing them here free of charge.

I'm splitting this blog into three parts because 1. Personally, I'm not going to read a blog with 26 paragraphs talking about songs. 2. It keeps me writing on my blog for a little longer.

A


Already Home - Thousand Foot Krutch
During the first music class I took at college the professor asked us to bring in a song for analyzing. Unfortunately he put a time limit on the song, so I wasn't able to bring this one in, but it was my first choice.

B


Broken Things - Ryan Kelly
I can't remember who first introduced me to this song by Ryan Kelly, of Celtic Thunder fame. There were definitely times in my life when this song was incredibly important, and it's pretty to boot.

C


Can't Live Without You - Owl City
Speaking of being important to my life, this song is actually the sequel to one of the more important songs in my life. I listened to Tidal Wave so many many times on my way to and from work during one particular year. Then my little sister informed me that one of the songs on the new Owl City CD was officially a sequel to Tidal Wave. And do you know what? This one made sense for my life in the same way as Tidal Wave did when I first listened to it. When you listen to one song after the other, you can see what an encouraging thing that was.

D


Desert Soul - Rend Collective
This song is the best in concert. I never knew that using a garbage can as an instrument could be so powerful. But the lyrics are amazing even apart from the performance.

E


Everlasting Arms - Vampire Weekend
Okay this one is just fun. I have no deep reasoning for you behind this song. I just love to jam to it.

F


Failure to Excommunicate - Relient K
Relient K had to make it onto this list somehow, but I was trying to find songs that it's possible not everyone knows. This is here for the line "Jesus loves the outcasts, he loves the ones the world just loves to hate" alone.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on all of them, Already Home always gets me with how powerful it is and Desert Soul the same way. Music never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete